The deadline of Video Upload submission is May 1, 2017 at 11:59PM (EST).
You must follow these video guidelines for your competition video to be accepted:
1. Film in a well-lit space and be sure that there is more lighting in front than from behind.
2. Use a tripod or flat surface when shooting.
3. The video frame should include from your head to knees, instrument, and your full range of motion at all times.
4. No editing of the audio or video is permitted. Contestants whose videos show evidence of any cuts, splicing, manipulation of pitch or other alteration within a performance segment will be subject to disqualification.
5. Test the audio level so that there is no distortion during the loudest passages of your selections, and so the softest portions can be heard. If possible, consider using an external microphone connected to your camera to record your playing and speaking.
6. You will upload your video files using YouTube. Please read the section below YouTube Video Submission Instructions
7. Each of your audition videos must include:
• Introduction: Applicants should state their full name, hometown and the piece they will record.
• The required piece
8. Do not record both pieces in one video clip. ie. You must upload two separate videos clips for the preliminary round:
• One with the introduction (Name, Hometown, Name of Solo) and the Solo of contestant's choice
• One with the introduction and the traditional Tango Solo chosen by the competition committee.
YouTube Video Submission Instructions
You can either create a YouTube account or use a pre-existing account to upload your audition material.
1. Click the Upload button at the top of the page.
2. Before you start uploading the video, you need to change the Privacy Setting from PUBLIC to UNLISTED from the drop menu.
3. Upload your video.
4.On next page, as the video is uploading you can complete different fields. Please follow these instructions:
• Under TITLE, please write your first and last name
• Under DESCRIPTION, please write down the Composer and Title of each work.
• All the other fields are not required such as Tags
• If you have not changed your privacy setting before uploading your video, you can change the setting from Public to Unlisted (on the right hand column)
5. You must click Publish to finish uploading a video to YouTube.